Respite

Author's Note: Just felt like writing today! No pictures today.

There is less to talk about today, and that is good.

For the past week since I've moved, I have been running pell-mell through the streets and subways of NYC, chasing my dream. This morning, I chased a very different type of dream by sleeping in until 10am. Today is Monday, and for the next three days I have no obligations from the show. It's the first day since Christmas in March where I haven't had something show-related to go to.

It feels nice to feel the sun on your face and do the doldrum daily tasks: clipping your nails; washing/changing your sheets; struggling with the DMV's arcane regulations. (PRO TIP: Selective Service allows immediate self change of address and can be used in a pinch for proof of residence.)

That's not to say that the grind has stopped! I'm currently very excited about the following three casting calls.

1) Short film project - NOT A LOVE STORY, Asian male lead, a filmmaker's personal life affects his work.

2) Feature Film - THE HOUSE ON SOVEREIGN STREET, Asian male lead, a 17-year old with an immigrant single mother tries to find his place in life.

3) Musical - EASTBOUND, bilingual musical about the unexpected meeting of two brothers.

So today has been about recording self-tapes made, splicing together audio and video for auditions, and recording more skate footage. It's been surprisingly involved. We'll see where all this goes. I am excited and hopeful (as always).

This is your friend John, reminding you that breaks are healthy and necessary. It's a lesson that always feels relevant to me. Love you lots, and I hope you are eating well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steady State

My Wonderful Roommates! My First Show! Cats!

Job Hunting and the Female Gaze